There are no rules for showing your Harbormaster your appreciation for their dedication and hard work, however we’ve put together a list of great ideas to get you started.
- A small, heartfelt gift goes a long way. Talk to members of your community, and figure out a small gift or two–a t-shirt, cookies, anything! Have one person deliver the gift with a note of thanks. Mask on, of course!
- Let your local newspaper, radio, or TV station know about your Harbormaster. They are looking for local interest stories, and it helps your community to know more about the person who plays such an important role in your harbor.
- Give your Harbormaster a shout-out on your social media feeds. You can post to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter with a nice message to them, and the tag #harbormasterday and #harbormasterday2021
- Make sure your Harbormaster is here on HarbormasterDay.com. We’ll be automatically including all Harbormasters on this site in our drawing for cool stuff at our Live Event on October 8th.
- Win some stuff for your Harbormaster. Follow US Harbors on social media to win some cool stuff for you and your Harbormaster. Weekly raffles that are easy to join will win you 1 for you, and 1 for your Harbormaster! Prizes will be announce at US Harbors’ live Harbormaster Day Appreciation event on Zoom on October 8th.
- Take a photo of your harbormaster – or yourself holding up a sign with your harbormaster’s name and harbor – and post it here with your message to them! We’ll make sure they get it.
- Email your harbormaster — or drop off a hand-written note — saying ‘thanks for the great work’!
You can do one or all of the above, the point is to make the effort! Here are US Harbors we are sending all the harbormasters we can find a special “thank you” package to show our appreciation for all they do for our harbors and our coastal communities.